Finding videos you enjoy on YouTube might feel like hunting for a needle in a haystack because there are so many. By subscribing to YouTube channels, or accounts, that regularly showcase the video you appreciate, you can save yourself time that might otherwise be lost surfing in vain.
However, any profile can suddenly shift and start posting embarrassing footage. Maybe your YouTube viewing habits have shifted and you want to see less of what others post.
Unsubscribing from a channel on YouTube can be done just as easily from a computer as it can using the YouTube app on an iPhone or Android.
What you need to know about unsubscribe your YouTube subscription on your desktop
To unsubscribe from a YouTube channel on a computer, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and go to the YouTube website.
- Sign in to your Google account if you aren’t already signed in.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen to access your account settings.
- From the drop-down menu, select “My channel” to go to your channel page.
- Click on the “Subscriptions” tab in the left sidebar.
- Scroll through your subscriptions list and find the channel you want to unsubscribe from.
- Click on the three dots icon next to the channel’s name and select “Unsubscribe” from the drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click “Unsubscribe” again to confirm your action.
After these steps, you will no longer be subscribed to the YouTube channel and you will no longer receive notifications or see updates from that channel in your feed.
How to unsubscribe from a YouTube channel on the mobile app
To unsubscribe from a YouTube channel on the mobile app:
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile device.
- Sign in to your account if you are not already signed in.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen to go to your channel page.
- Tap on the “Subscriptions” option in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down the list of subscribed channels and find the channel you want to unsubscribe from.
- Tap on the channel name to go to the channel page.
- Tap on the red “Subscribed” button to unsubscribe from the channel.
- Confirm that you want to unsubscribe from the channel by tapping “Unsubscribe” in the pop-up window.
You can also unsubscribe from a channel by going to the channel page and tapping on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen. This will open a menu with options for the channel, including an “Unsubscribe” option. Tap on “Unsubscribe” to unsubscribe from the channel.