How to upload your resume to LinkedIn and allow prospective employers to view it on your profile
To get your name out there and in front of the relevant hiring managers, LinkedIn may be a fantastic resource. When applying for one of the thousands of jobs listed on the site, it can be useful in the application process.
It is recommended that a CV be posted to your profile so that you can make the most of these tools. In the event that you don’t have a resume handy, you can utilize LinkedIn’s download tool, which will compile all of your profile information into a PDF résumé.
Downloading a resume template can save you time, but it will certainly be longer and less eye-catching than one you make yourself. You can make your application stand out in the appropriate ways by uploading a CV that is specifically tailored to the position you are applying for.
Following these steps will help you successfully add your resume to your LinkedIn profile.
How to upload your resume to your profile on LinkedIn
To upload your resume to your LinkedIn profile, follow these steps:
- Go to your LinkedIn profile page by clicking on your profile picture in the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the “Add profile section” button in the top right corner of your profile page.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Media”
- Click on the “+” icon in the top right corner of the media section.
- Select “File” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Choose File” button and select your resume file from your computer.
- Add a title and description for your resume file (optional).
- Click on the “Save” button to upload your resume to your LinkedIn profile.
Your resume will now be visible to anyone who views your LinkedIn profile. It’s a good idea to keep your LinkedIn profile up to date, including your resume, as it can help you to stand out to potential employers or connections.