How to Stay Safe on Facebook Marketplace is what we will be covering in the course of this article. Thus, if you are here because you are in dire need of the processes involved in accessing facebook marketplace and how to use it to buy and sell online, this article has gotten you covered.
How To Buy And Sell on Facebook marketplace is pretty simple and easy. However, before we shall proceed with the steps in getting that done, let’s first off, consider how to create a facebook account.
This is particularly important since facebook marketplace is located within the facebook app and facebook web and without an account, one can’t access it the marketplace homepage.
Thus, if you are among the numerous persons who are yet to sign up for a facebook account, here are the steps you need to follow to easily get that done:
- Open your mobile device and get it connected to an internet source
- Next, go to google play store or apple apps store and search for facebook
- Tap on the install button
- Download the app on your device
- Tap create or sign up account button
- Enter your first and last name
- Enter either your email address or phone number
- Select your gender and enter your date of birth
- Enter your password
- Tap create account
- Go to your email address or SMS and get your facebook account verified
Afterward, set up your facebook profile by entering your information and uploading your cover and profile picture.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily create facebook account on mobile app.
Let’s quickly take a look at how to create a facebook account on web version of the giant social media platform.
- 1 How To Create Facebook Account On PC
- 2 Countries That Can Access Facebook Marketplace
- 3 Facebook Marketplace Categories
- 4 Facebook Marketplace Rules You Need To Know
- 5 How to stay safe on Facebook Marketplace
- 6 Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace
How To Create Facebook Account On PC
Here are the steps you need to follow to easily create a facebook account on the web version of the platform:
- First off, you will need to open your system web browser e.g. chrome, UC browser, and Firefox.
- Next, you will need to visit facebook.com which is the Facebook official website.
- Afterward, you will be directed on their sign-up home page. enter your first and last name.
- Now, type in your email address and a new password inside boxes.
- And enter your birth date and sex category.
- Then click the sign-up button below.
A verification email will be sent to your email account inbox. Login your email account and access your mail inbox. Click or copy the code you see inside the email text and paste it inside the verification box and click verify.
By these, you can create your Facebook account and verify it. you can log in your Facebook account if you already have an account on Facebook before. The steps below will show you how to do that.
- After visiting the URL, you will find the login box.
- Enter your username and then your account password.
- And click login, to access your account.
Countries That Can Access Facebook Marketplace
Here are the lists of countries where Facebook marketplace is currently available:
- Costa Rica.
- The Czech Republic.
- The Dominican Republic.
- The Netherlands.
- New Zealand.
- The Philippines.
- Puerto Rico.
- South Africa.
- The United Kingdom.
- The United States.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
People and brands may list items in the following categories:
- Clothing & Accessories.
- Property rentals
- Pet supplies
- Sporting goods
- Office supplies
- Musical instruments
- Home sales
- Home goods
- Toys & games
- Home goods
- Home improvement supplies
- Garden & outdoors
- Free stuff
- Buy and sell groups
Shoppers can view certain categories, view all categories, or search for a particular product. Having done that, let’s proceed with the business of the day, How to Stay Safe on Facebook Marketplace – Facebook Marketplace Rules & Regulations.
Facebook Marketplace is a place where people discover, buy and sell items. Facebook allows sellers to list their goods or services on the Marketplace. This allows buyers to be able to reach the items listed in their own location.
People and brands may list items in the different categories as available in the Facebook marketplace. This enables buyers to view certain categories, view all categories, or search for a particular product.
If you are a seller or a buyer in the Facebook marketplace, then you should acquaint yourself with some Facebook Marketplace rules. Every item sold on Facebook Marketplace must comply with Facebook rules and regulations.
In this post, you will learn about the Facebook marketplace rules and how to buy or sell safely in the Facebook market.
Facebook Marketplace Rules You Need To Know
The Facebook Marketplace rules are:
1. Non-Physical Items
Non-physical items are not allowed to be sold on the Facebook Marketplace. These items include:
- “in search of” posts,
- lost and found posts
- jokes, and news
2. Sales of Certain items are not allowed.
Facebook outlines certain items that cannot be sold on the Marketplace. These items include:
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
3. Description Must Match with Photo
Facebook does not allow the sale of items or items that do not match the description and title of the listing item on the Marketplace. For example, a photo showing weight loss.
How to stay safe on Facebook Marketplace
Here are some tips that will help you stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace:
1. Protect your privacy: Always protect your privacy. Never share your financial information like PayPal login and password, and bank account info, with buyers or sellers. If you’re selling electronics, make sure you’ve cleared any personal information from the device.
2. Meet in a safe location: Choose a public place to meet with the person you want to buy or sell from.
3. Verify the item in person: Verify the item you want to buy and be sure it is what you want before making payment for it. For high-value items (example: watches, and luxury bags), you can request a certificate of authenticity or proof of purchase.
4. Use cash or person-to-person payment methods: Buyers and sellers should offer or accept cash or person-to-person payments available on Facebook Messenger or PayPal.
5. Watch out for counterfeit items: Review any items before buying to make sure that they’re genuine.
6. Be careful of too good to be true deals: Be careful of deals that seem too good to be true. Scammers may try to use underpriced items to lure buyers into a scam.
Still, got some other questions or suggestions? Kindly use the comment section below, and we shall get back to you ASAP. Thanks and do well to share this article with your social media friends, using the share button below.
Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace allows businesses to easily showcase their products and brands to millions of customers.
Here are some advantages of the FB marketplace:
1. Extended reach.
Retailers on the FB marketplace will be able to sell their products to potentially millions of customers.
2. Personalized customer experience.
Facebook Marketplace helps customers find their products and connect businesses to the right customers.
This will allow relevant products to be discovered by the right customer base, leading to better opportunities to make fast sales and customer satisfaction.
That is it on How to Stay Safe on Facebook Marketplace – Facebook Marketplace Rules & Regulations. I trust this article was helpful. Kindly like and share!!!