How to Find Friends in a Specific City on Facebook
When searching for a person’s name on Facebook, it is not difficult to locate pals. But what if you need to narrow down the city of your friend? Facebook does not make it easy to find friends in a given city.
However, it is not impossible. In this article, we will demonstrate how to locate new Facebook friends through city searches.
How to Find Friends in a City on Facebook
There are multiple ways to search for Facebook friends in a specific city. These procedures vary by device, so we will discuss them here.
How to Find Facebook Friends by City – Web Browser
Follow these steps if you prefer the web browser version of Facebook:
- Open the Facebook website and log into your account.
- Click the Search bar in the upper left corner.
- Click People in the menu to the left.
- Click on City.
- Review the list of people to find your friend.
How to Find Facebook Friends by City – Mobile
Both the Android and iOS versions of Facebook are identical. Simply follow the steps below to make new friends:
- Open the Facebook app and tap on the Search icon at the top.
- Type your friends name at the top.
- Choose People from the menu at the top.
- Choose the filter icon in the upper right corner.
- Select City from the menu at the bottom of the page.
- Type the name of the city where you’re looking for your friend.
Review the list that appears for your friends.
Update Your City
You can also find a friend based on location by changing your current city to the one you’re looking in. To do so, visit your Facebook profile page, click “Edit Details” under “Introduction,” and then select “Add current city.”
When you click “Friends,” Facebook’s “Friends Suggestions” section should prioritize people from that city. However, this is not the optimal approach, as the social media giant may be considering your current geotags.
Therefore, the search results may contain a variety of suggestions, both from the desired city and based on other parameters. Therefore, it is best to adhere to the first method described.