Keep your Payoneer account open if you’re an active user. Once your usage has gone down, it’s time to take action. If you have an old account, it might be hard to close. However, this article will teach you how!
Whether it’s because you no longer need the account or because you want to switch banks, here are some steps to follow when closing your Payoneer account.
- 1 What’s a Payoneer account?
- 2 Closing your Payoneer account
- 3 How to close your Payoneer account
- 4 Request to close the account
- 5 Deactivate card on Payoneer
- 6 Final steps and closing procedure
- 7 What you need to do before closing your Payoneer account
- 8 Find your payoneer account status
- 9 Set up the payoneer account closure
- 10 Update your email address
- 11 How to get Payoneer to send you a check (only available in select countries)
- 12 What if I’m not in any of these countries?
- 13 How to Close Your Old Payoneer Account
- 14 How to Close Your Active Payoneer Account
- 15 Verify your identity on Payoneer.com
- 16 Get a refund on Payoneer
- 17 How to reactivate your Payoneer account
What’s a Payoneer account?
A Payoneer account is a deposit account, which means you can set up a checking account with the same bank. Essentially, you are setting up an online cash fund that will grow with your spending.
Why do I need to close my Payoneer account?
As mentioned earlier, Payoneer is a deposit account—you can use it to set up an online cash fund that will grow with your spending. If you have more than one bank account with one or more banks, you can use your current accounts to open your new Bank Money Account.
However, this article is only intended for users who have one or more bank accounts with several different banks. If you have multiple accounts with several different banks, please visit each bank’s website to learn more about their requirements for opening the Bank Money Account.
Closing your Payoneer account
Going through the process of closing your Payoneer account can be a bit difficult, especially if you’re new to the process. Your first step is to log into your Payoneer account from the “My Account” tab. Click on “Update My Login Information.” Then, click on “Close my Account.” This will close your Payoneer account and send a message to your email address so you don’t need to re-enter your login information each time you want to use it.
How to close your Payoneer account
The first step is to ask your bank or Payoneer support if they can help close your account.
Provide as much information as possible about why you need to close the account and what’s going to happen to the funds in it. You can also provide a copy of your Payoneer statement from the last few months, which tells them how much money was being deposited into it.
Request to close the account
> Download and read the FAQ: https://www.payoneer.com/faq.aspx
How can I close my Payoneer account? Will it affect my credit score? Yes, closing your Payoneer account will reduce your credit score as you’ll no longer be able to make purchases with your Payoneer account.
However, as long as you’re still active on your Payoneer account and have not closed it, we will provide you with a new Credit History report at no additional cost—it won’t affect the score of your current credit record or future credit history.
Deactivate card on Payoneer
First, you need to deactivate your card.
If you haven’t deactivated it, do so now! Sometimes people mistakenly think that by deactivating their card they will be able to close it and stop using it. The problem is that users can still make purchases until the account is reactivated — meaning you can still use your card and make transactions on the site (you just won’t be able to make any payments).
So if you want to close your Payoneer account, first deactivate it then activate it again. You’ll have to do this for each bank that you’ve used in the past two years as well as for all other accounts that use your Payoneer account as a merchant account.
Final steps and closing procedure
It’s time to close your Payoneer account. Here are some final steps and closing procedure from the article:
1. Log into your Payoneer account with a new email address.
2. On the top right of your screen, click on “Account Info” and you will see the following information:
3. Select “Close Account” from the menu.
4. Follow the next step to close your Payoneer account via phone app:
5. On the top right of your screen, click on “Account Info” and you will see the following information:
6. Select “Close Account” from the menu for iOS or “Close Account” from the menu for Android.
What you need to do before closing your Payoneer account
The first thing you need to do is make sure you’re an active user. If you aren’t, it might be hard for you to close your account.
If you don’t see the info you need to close your account next to your Payoneer details (e.g., the total amount of the transaction), click ‘Continue’ and then download the Payoneer application by visiting payoneer.com/downloads.
Find your payoneer account status
The easiest way to find the status of your Payoneer account is to use the “My Account” menu found in the top right corner of any blog post. Here, you can find out what your active and inactive payoneer accounts are, as well as ability to transfer funds from one account to another.
Set up the payoneer account closure
If you’re an active user, you can also open a Payoneer account to pay bills with your credit card.
You can easily set up the payoneer account closure by following these steps:
1. Click on “Payment Method” in the top menu bar of the website and select “Payment Methods”.
2. Click on “Account and Payment Options“.
3. Click on “My Account” and then click on “Closing My Account“.
4. Read through the instructions after closing your account and follow them to ensure that everything is correct.
Update your email address
Your Payoneer account will have an email address associated with it. It’s important to update the email address on your Payoneer account if you’re not active. If you no longer need the service, it’s time to delete it!
How to get Payoneer to send you a check (only available in select countries)
If you’re a Payoneer user, you’ll want to know how you can get your account closed.
In order to close your account, fill out the form below and send it in by mail or email. You must include a copy of the statement that shows your activity for at least six months. If you do not have enough activity on your statement for this length of time, contact customer support directly.
What if I’m not in any of these countries?
If you’re in any of the countries listed below but your Payoneer account is still active, you can close it at any time.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- China, Hong Kong SAR (HKSAR) & Macau SAR (MTR)
- Peru, and
A full list of the countries whose accounts are inactive may be found on the payoneer official website.
How to Close Your Old Payoneer Account
Follow these steps to close your old Payoneer account
1) Send an email to email@example.com
2) Include the following information in your email: Your name, billing address, and payment method.
3) Get a confirmation email from Payoneer within 7-10 business days.
4) After you receive the confirmation email, verify that you are indeed closing the account by entering the card number in the “Transactions” tab of your PayPal account.
How to Close Your Active Payoneer Account
If you have an active Payoneer account, your transaction history will automatically be deleted from your account. This is a good thing. However, if you want to close your account for any reason, you need to do so.
Keep in mind that if it’s been several years since you last transferred money or made a payment on your account, the funds will also be deleted.
This means that even if you don’t actually want to close your account, it’s best to do so now just in case.
Verify your identity on Payoneer.com
If you have a Payoneer account, verify your identity on Payoneer.com If you have a new account or if you’re switching banks, it’s time to update the information on that account. To do this, go to the “Account Details” section and click “Verify Account Information”:
You don’t need an ID card or any other form of identification to verify your identity with Payoneer; all you need is a valid email address.
Get a refund on Payoneer
You can follow this step to get a refund if you’re eligible. However, keep in mind that you might need to pay additional fees if you close your account.
When closing your Payoneer account, make sure you’re paying for the coins in your account. If not, you’ll end up paying fees or interest on money that was not used.
How to reactivate your Payoneer account
You don’t need to reactivate your Payoneer account to close it. However, if you still want to close the account, here’s what you should do:
1) Click on the “Close Account” tab at the top of the page.
2) Click on “Reactivate Account” in the upper right corner.
3) Click on “Reactivate Account.”
4) Click on “Complete Reactivation” in the upper right corner.
5) Click “Submit” to complete your account reactivation.