How to ban someone from your Facebook page using your computer
You know how much work running a Facebook page can be if you’re one of the administrators.
For instance, if you oversee the marketing exposure of a company’s Facebook page, you must maintain your posting, brand, and voice. You might need to accept new members, address questions and ideas, and evaluate posts and comments if you manage a community Facebook page.
The last thing you want is a user that causes unneeded problems for everyone on the website, regardless of the type of page you manage. Perhaps a disgruntled, irate member has been posting unpleasant or offensive remarks in the threads on your community page, or perhaps a client or competitor has been spamming your company page with unfounded rumors.
To keep your followers’ online community safe in those situations, you should block them from your Facebook page.
When you block someone from your page, they can still share your Facebook content, but they are no longer able to actively engage with your page by posting or liking comments. They won’t be able to see your Facebook page if it is private.
How to ban someone from a Facebook page
To ban someone from a Facebook page, follow these steps:
- Go to your Facebook page and click on the “Settings” button in the top right corner.
- On the left side of the page, click on the “People and Other Pages” option.
- In the “Banned People and Pages” section, click on the “Ban” button.
- A pop-up window will appear, where you can enter the name of the person or page you want to ban. You can also select the “Ban Permanently” option to permanently ban the person or page.
- Click on the “Ban” button to confirm the action. The person or page will be banned from your page.
Note: If you want to unban a person or page, go to the “Banned People and Pages” section and click on the “Unban” button next to the name of the person or page. You can also click on the “Edit” button to change the ban duration or to permanently ban the person or page.