How to Delete a Facebook Page
A Facebook page is unquestionably one of the most effective ways to communicate with your friends or clients. You may wish to delete your page, however, if you believe it no longer serves its intended purpose.
It is uncomplicated to delete a Facebook page. It is essential to note, however, that only the page’s administrator can delete a page.
An admin, as the term is used on Facebook, is either the page’s creator or another user assigned the role by the creator. Using a few straightforward steps, this article explains how to erase your page. Let’s get started!
How to Remove a Facebook Page You Created
There are a variety of Facebook page kinds, including business pages, corporation pages, and community pages.
If you are the owner of any of these pages, you can erase them by doing the following steps:
- Log into your account by visiting https://www.facebook.com/
- From your homepage, which is also your News Feed, navigate to the page section by clicking on “Pages” in the left menu.
- This will launch a list of all the pages managed by you. Click on the name of the page that you’d like to delete.
- In the left menu, scroll down and select “Settings.”
- In the left navigational pane, “General” is selected by default. Scroll down the General page settings (right side) and click on “Remove Page” on the left or “Edit” on the right.
- Click on “Permanently delete [page name].” Don’t worry, it doesn’t remove it yet.
- A confirmation window appears. Select “Delete” to confirm removing the Facebook Page. This is where it does delete the page!
If you own a Facebook page but you no longer use it, the deletion process is the same as an active Facebook Page.
How to Delete a Facebook Group Page
The procedure for removing a Facebook group is rather more involved than deleting a page.
- Log into your account at https://www.facebook.com/
- From your News Feed, select “Groups” from the menu on the left. This will display a list of all groups you manage. Alternately, you can simply enter the group’s name into the “Search Facebook” box in the upper-left corner.
- Click on the “Members” tab.
- Click on the three small dots next to each member’s name.
- In the small box that pops up, click on “Remove member.” Repeat this for all members.
- Once everyone has been removed from the group, it is time for you to leave as well. Click the three dots beside your name and select “Leave group.”
- Click on “Leave and delete” to finally delete the group.
Members are not notified when a Facebook group is deleted, which is an advantage. However, you must be an administrator to successfully delete a group. If you are not the principal owner of the group, you must obtain permission from the owner before moving.
How to Delete a Facebook Page You Have Liked
If you are no longer interested in a particular Facebook page, you may theoretically “delete” it and stop receiving updates and viewing posts related with it. Here is the procedure.
- From your News Feed, select “Pages” from the menu on the left. This will open a list of all the pages you own, along with the pages you currently like.
- On the “Liked Pages” list, select the name of the Page you’d like to delete.
- To unlike a page after it has been opened, toggle the “Liked” box once. The box will transform from blue to black if you no longer like the page.
To like the page again, simply search the Page by name and click on “Like” in the upper left corner.