The smash song Number One, which featured Nigerian musician Davido, made Naseeb Abdul Juma, better known by his stage name Diamond Platnumz, a Tanzanian-born Bongo Flava recording artist and vocalist, famous worldwide. With an estimated net worth of $7 million, he is also one of the richest musicians in Tanzania and East Africa.
He appeared at the Big Brother Africa 7 eviction event in May 2012 and was named the most popular and acclaimed Tanzanian artist at the time. In 2013, mobile phone providers reported that his ringtones had the highest sales of any Tanzanian artist. As if that weren’t enough, Diamond was listed as one of the musicians in the African Great Lakes region who made the most money. What you need to know about the Tanzanian artist and how he came to have such a huge net worth is provided here.
Diamond Platnumz Profile Summary
- Full Name: Naseeb Abdul Juma Issack
- Date of Birth: October 2, 1989
- Age: 32 years old
- Place of Birth: Tandale, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Nationality: Tanzanian
- State of Origin: Kigoma
- Education: Chakula Bora Nursery School, and Tandale Magharibi
- Occupation: Businessman, Songwriter Singer, and Dancer
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: 4+
- Net Worth: $7 million
Diamond Platnumz is From Kigoma, Tanzania
On October 2, 1989, Diamond Platnumz was born in the Amana Hospital in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. He is regarded as one of the best and most significant artists in Africa. As the sole child of his mother, the Tanzanian star Diamond Platnumz, also known as Chibu Dangote, was raised at his grandmother’s home in the western section of Tandale. Due to the absence of his father, his mother and grandmother were compelled to rent out a portion of their home to cover their living expenses.
He Did Not Attend a University
Diamond began his academic career in 1995 by enrolling at Chakula Bora Nursery School. He then transferred to Tandale Magharibi in 1996 and received his diploma there in 2002. Because to a lack of funding at the time, he was unable to continue his schooling. It’s interesting to note that Naseeb first shown interest in music when still in standard 5. He took up singing and imitating local and international artists at every given opportunity.
Sanura Kassim, his mother, helped him become famous by purchasing recordings from many musicians. She occasionally also accompanied him to other talent competitions and, most significantly, helped him write the song lyrics so he could sing them with ease.
Although Naseeb’s mother continued to show him her unwavering support, other family members generally questioned her activities since they believed that music was a waste of time. Until he finished his secondary education and began his music career formally, she was an essential part of his pursuing his musical aspirations.
How Platnumz Became the Richest Musician in Tanzania With $7 Million Net Worth
As was already said, Diamond’s musical career began when he was a little child, with his mother’s assistance and encouragement. He later totally immersed himself in music after finishing secondary school. His childhood career only began to generate income later in his professional life. The successful singer-songwriter has a number of other businesses that have helped him accumulate his current net worth. He did not become rich solely through singing. His current wealth is the result of a combination of income from album sales, musical performances, tours, endorsements, and team-ups. In addition to his record label, the multi-talented artist founded a television and radio station in Tanzania. Let’s examine how he came to have the net worth he does today.
A Great Chunk of His Net Worth Came from His Music Career
Jewel started his melodic vocation completely in 2006 at 17 years old. Life as a craftsman was never blushing for him, as many would have suspected. The star made some extreme memories attempting to squeeze into the business. He had to do easygoing works like selling genuinely utilized garments, outsourcing, and, surprisingly, become a filling station specialist, among numerous different positions, to fund-raise for a studio meeting in 2007.
He recorded his most memorable single named “Toka Mwanzo” with the cash he got from his private venture. Albeit the principal melody didn’t sell true to form, the craftsman didn’t abandon his vocation. After much exertion, Jewel effectively delivered the hit single “Kamwambie” fully backed by Msafiri Peter, otherwise known as Father Misifa, who assisted with sustaining his ability. It was this melody that carried him to the spotlight.
At the point when he dug up some authentic confidence in the music business, Platnumz delivered his most memorable collection, Kamwambie, in 2010, that very year his hit melody was delivered. The collection, which has 12 tracks, went down well with individuals and acquired him many fans. Subsequent to delivering his most memorable collection, the subsequent one, Lala Salama, came two years after the fact, in 2012. He delivered his third collection in 2018. In the middle of between these collections, he has dropped a ton of singles.
List of Diamond Platnumz Selected Songs
- Inama ft. Fally Ipupa
- The One
- Baba Lao
- Jibebe ft Mbosso and Lava Lava
- Gere ft. Tanasha Donna
- Waah ft. Koffi Olamide
- Sound ft. Teni
- Diamond ft. Davido
- Naanzaje – 2021
Awards and Recognitions
Platnumz has gotten over 22 awards and been nominated for them over a total of 28 times for his work in the music industry. He has won both national and international prizes, thus his honors are not restricted to his own land. Diamond Platnumz won seven wins at the Tanzania Music Awards on May 3, 2014, setting a new record. He received around 15 awards at the Tanzania Music Awards ceremonies between 2010 and 2014.
The 2011 Tanzania Music Prizes saw recording artist 20% walk away with five awards, breaking the previous record. Diamond held the record for three trophies at the 2010 Tanzania music awards before 20%’s accomplishments. The singer won the Worldwide Act: Africa/India category at the Milan-based MTV Europe Music Awards in 2015. At the All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA), which were held in Nigeria in November 2015, he took home the top prize.
Below is a list of some of these awards and nominations
- Most Gifted Video of the Year in the 2014 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best African Performance in the 2016 WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards
- Best East African Video in the 2016 WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards
- African Artiste of the Year in 2014 The Headies awards
- Best African Act in the 2014 MTV Europe Music Awards/Worldwide De Act Africa/India
- Best New Artist in the 2010 MTV Africa Music Awards
- Best International Act: Africa in the 2014 BET Awards
- Song of the Year in the 201 AFRIMA
- African Video of the Year in the 2016 WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards
- Most Gifted Newcomer in the 2014 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best African Combo Video in the 2016 WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards
- Most Gifted East in the 2014 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Prize in Entertainment in 2014 The Future Africa Awards
- East Africa Best Video in the 2016 HiPipo Music Awards
- Best African Male Video in the 2016 WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards
- East Africa Superhit in the 2016 HiPipo Music Awards
- Most Gifted Afro Pop in the 2014 Channel O Music Video Awards
- East Africa Superhit in the 2015 HiPipo Music Awards
- Worldwide Act (Africa/India) in the 2015 MTV Europe Music Awards/Worldwide De Act Africa/India
- Best Live Act in the 2015 MTV Africa Music Awards
- Best Male East Africa in the 2014 African Muzik Magazine Awards
- Favorite Male Video in the 2014 People’s Choice Awards
- Best Live Act in the 2019 AFRIMA
Summary of Diamond Platinumz Income Sources
- Music career
- Endorsement Deals
- Chibu perfume
- Recording company