- 1 How to delete an Instagram account permanently or deactivate it temporarily
How to delete an Instagram account permanently or deactivate it temporarily
Setting up an Instagram account is fairly simple, and browsing the feed and reel is a ton of fun. However, have you ever considered temporarily or permanently deactivating your Instagram account? Having said that, doing so can be difficult.
As a result, we have created a thorough guide that includes instructions for deleting your Instagram account. You can permanently delete or temporarily deactivate your Instagram account using the instructions in this guide.
When should an Instagram account be deactivated? Instead of permanently deleting your Instagram profile if you’re taking a break, you can use the deactivate Instagram account feature to keep your followers and posts.
Make sure to download Instagram posts, including photos, reels, and videos, before you delete your Instagram account.
How to delete your Instagram account permanently
Every aspect of the Instagram app, including the profile, photographs, videos, comments, and lost followers, is permanently deleted. Since the procedure is irrevocable, you can always get your account back after it has been deleted.
Intriguingly, Instagram, which is owned by Meta, doesn’t offer a straight option to cancel the account within the app, but rather has embedded it within the Help Center website. No surprise, why. Users must scroll down the page to the choice for this reason. So, here’s how to erase your Instagram account forever.
- Simply, go to “Delete your account page” on a mobile or PC browser.
- The page will ask you to log in on the browser if aren’t already logged in.
- You will be prompted to choose a reason for wanting to delete your Instagram account from a drop-down menu. If you choose one of the questions, it will also give you some solutions. Select any justification.
- Re-enter the password to go forward.
- Click on the button “Delete [username]” to permanently delete the Instagram account.
The Instagram account deletion request is processed by the Facebook-owned social media network in 30 days, but there is a grace period if you change your mind. While others won’t be able to see your profile during this time, you can still access it.
How to download your Instagram pictures and videos?
Instagram gives users the option to easily download a duplicate of their profile data so they won’t lose their photos and videos. Details are sent to your registered email address via the platform.
How to download Instagram data through the mobile app
- Open the Instagram app and head to the profile page.
- Click on the three-line option in the right upper corner to open a menu.
- Click on the “Your Activity” option.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Download Your Information” option.
- You will be asked to provide an email ID if you haven’t already linked one. Click on the “Request Download” button.
- Enter your Instagram password and follow the instructions to download the data.
How to download Instagram data through the web browser on a PC
- Open Instagram.com on a PC browser.
- Tap on your profile image to go to the profile page.
- Click on the “Settings” icon to open the menu.
- Head to the “Privacy and security” option.
- Scroll down to find “Data Download” and tap on the “Request Download” option.
- Provide a valid email address and choose the format you want to get your data from two options – HTML or JSON.
- Enter your Instagram account password and tap on the “Request Download” button to submit the request.
How to deactivate Instagram account temporarily?
Are you aware that Instagram gives you the option to temporarily disable your account for any time period of your choosing? Yes, the Facebook-owned company gives you the option to delete your account from Instagram so that nobody can view your profile there. Your photos, videos, likes, and comments are hidden from social media by using this feature. You can, however, only temporarily deactivate and reactivate your Instagram account using a web browser on a PC or a mobile device.
To temporarily disable your Instagram account, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Instagram on a mobile or computer browser.
- Click on the profile image and tap on the “Settings” option.
- It will open the “Edit profile” page. Scroll to the bottom to find the “Temporarily deactivate my account” option. Click on it.
- It will ask you to select a reason why you want to disable your Instagram account. Pick of the provided options.
- Enter your password and hit “Temporarily Deactivate Account” to disable the profile.
All you need to do is simply log back into the platform whenever you want to reactivate your disabled Instagram account.